As they say, knowledge is power. And in this case SERVPRO of Anniston, Gadsden and Marshall County wants to make sure you are in the know!
Take a look at these facts/ tips in Fire Prevention and make your home or business a safer place!
- AFCI Breakers and Outlets can prevent 50% of residential home fires.
- Each year 2400 children are treated for injuries caused by outlets. One-third of parents do not have outlets childproofed. Install tamper-resistant outlet covers.
- 470,000 counterfeit smartphone batteries were recalled in 2010 due to burn and fire hazards. Purchase electronics at approved retailers.
- 3300 home fires originate from extension cords each year. Heavy reliance on extension cords is a sign to have more outlets installed.
- The CPSC found 47% of electrocutions can be prevented with GFCI protection in homes.
- Frequently tripped circuit breakers or blown fuses and crackling, sizzling, or buzzing from outlets can be signs of an overloaded circuit. 47,700 home fires in the US are caused by electrical failure or malfunction each year.