Could You Have Hidden Water Damage???
Most of us pray we never become victims of water damage in our home. We would all love to think a water damage is noticeable the instant it starts. If it’s a blown water heater or pipe, it may be. But what if that pipe is under your house, or in a wall on an end you may not frequent? One of the most common water damages we see besides storm/flood damage is leaks in the supply line to a toilet or a pinhole leak in the ice maker supply line. These can take some time to notice depending on how severe the leak is.
- Has your water bill started climbing?
- Do your floors feel like they may be weakened in one area of your home or business?
- Have your hardwood floors started to cup, bow, swell, sink or buckle?
- Have you noticed a musty smell in your home?
- Do you have standing water in places you don’t normally? This could be both inside and/or out?
- Has your water pressure suddenly changed?
- Do you have a spot in a ceiling or wall that is discolored or swollen looking?
These could be potential signs of hidden water damage. Should you notice any of these situations listed above, give us a call. SERVPRO of Anniston, Gadsden and Marshall County will come out and inspect the suspected damage and provide you with a free estimate. We can help you determine whether or not to file a claim with your home owners insurance. For more information call our office today at 256-236-8889, 256-547-3778, or 256-891-0177.